Lots of details in this weeks Halo Bulletin. Too much to cover from RTX, Halo 4 Global Championship, Halo 4 Champions Bundle, new Halo 4 Armor Mods, and Halo4 Legendary Slayer Playlist along with a matchmaking update for the Global Championship.
Here are the highlights. Click here to read all of it!
The Champions Bundle
The Champions Bundle contains three DLC packs, as well as bonus content, including:
- Bullseye Pack (Includes Ricochet, a new game type)
- New Map – Vertigo:
Vertigo is an asymmetrical map that provides a wide variety of indoor and outdoor combat. The map lends itself best to Slayer and Extraction game types and is best played with anywhere from 8 to 10 players. Vertigo also touts the return of a dynamic, interactive element in a Halo multiplayer map: Each base has a trigger point that depletes the shields of all players in range when shot. The map also contains a series of caves on each side as well as three levels of verticality, providing players with several different routes for attacking each base.
- Pitfall – Halo 3 The Pit Remake
- Steel Skin Pack
- Gold steam-punk like weapon skin for loadout weapons
- Infinity Armor Pack
- MARK V Armor, ODST Armor, and forerunner Prefect Armor
- Bonus content, including new stances, armor and weapon skins, and a new armor mod
- 5 new weapon skins
- 8 new stances for your Player Card
- Five new armor skins: Tracer, Column, Python, Bayonet, and Solid
- Resistor Tactical Package:
The Champions Bundle will include a sneak peek to the Resistor armor mod, which allows players to retain full mobility despite taking fire for a few moments. The armor mod will eventually be made available to all players in Halo 4 Matchmaking free of charge.
Halo 4 Armor Mod Update
In addition to the Halo 4 Champions Bundle bonus content, we’ll be releasing two additional armor mods free of charge for the community to enjoy. We’re currently planning on releasing these one day before the Champions Bundle releases on August 20, and you’ll immediately be able to incorporate these new mods into your loadout and experiment with them.
• Survivor ejects you out of a vehicle if it’s about to explode.
• Recharge decreases the time it takes for your shields to recharge.
At PAX East, we announced that we were working on a new playlist named Legendary Slayer. After much iteration, discussion and playtesting, we’re excited to announce that it is (almost!) here and (almost!) ready for your enjoyment. Legendary Slayer is a variant that focuses on basic gameplay with only one loadout, on-map weapons and motion tracker enabled. Here are the key settings:
- 4 vs. 4 Slayer
- Default starting weapon (Assault Rifle)
- No Armor Abilities
- Motion Tracker enabled
- All weapons and grenades located on map (no initial, random or personal ordnance)
The singular loadout is:
- Starting weapon: Assault Rifle
- Secondary weapon: None
- Armor Ability: None
- Grenades: Frag x2
- Support upgrade: Explosives
- Tactical package: Resupply
We’re excited to deliver a brand-new experience to Halo 4 Matchmaking that will focus on even starting weapons and map control, with players fighting to gain control of all rifles, power weapons and each map’s power positions. The Legendary Slayer playlist launches Monday, July 15, on the following maps, which have been custom-created specifically for this playlist:
- Chief Landless