343 Industries has released the long awaited content update for Halo: The Master Chief Collection and Multiplayer is working better than ever! It’s 690MB in size and focuses on matchmaking, party stability, and title-specific improvements. Essentially, this CU is targeting to the core system and how multiplayer functions.
The content update notes are as follows
- Made a variety of updates to improve matchmaking performance and success rates
- Improved matchmaking search times/time to match
- Improved stability throughout the matchmaking process across all titles
- Improved party stability
For HALO 2
- Made improvements to multiplayer shot registration
- Improved campaign stability across a variety of levels
- Addressed stability issues for matchmaking and custom games
- Fixed issues around resuming H2A Campaign from “remastered” mode
- Improved medal display consistency
- Fixed issues regarding aim assist which resulted in the reticle being pushed away from an enemy
- Improved shot registration consistency between host / client in peer-to-peer custom game matches
- Resolved a variety of UI inconsistencies, including team color randomization, medals, and in-game scoreboard display
They’ve also added motion backgrounds that show of moments from the 4 campaigns while you briefly search for a match – Which is a really cool touch!