Normally with the release of a Map Pack for Halo we expect at least one DLC exclusive playlist to get our feet wet with the new maps. However, this time around we are getting 2 DLC Playlists and we have an early announcement (pre-Halo Bulletin announcement) of one game variant being added along side with the Majestic Map Pack, Infinity Rumble.
What we know:
- Majestic FFA DLC Playlist – 8 Players
- Majestic Team DLC Playlist – 4 vs. 4
- Infinity Rumble – FFA Game Variant
- Exclusive to Majestic DLC Playlists (for a period of time)
- Score to win 250 points (50 fewer than Regicide)
- Infinity System added, i.e. personal ordnance
These won’t be the only updates and additions along side the release of the Majestic Map Pack on February 25th (which costs 800 Microsoft points by the way or free to War Games Map Pass owners). Expect the release of a Title Update (TU) to Halo 4 along with the DLC, which will bring some previously mentioned fixes:
- Boltshot 1-hit kill range reduced from 20-25ft to 15ft
- Removal of Friendly Fire EMP/Damage to vehicles (fully) owned by teammates in modes where Friendly Fire is turned off
- Custom Game / Forge issue where people cannot adjust respawn timers and remove instant respawn.
Expect more details late tonight or tomorrow with the release of this weeks Halo Waypoint Bulletin which will have plenty of details about the Majestic Map Pack, Title Update, and more playlist information!
– Chief Landless