This weeks Halo Bulletin is jam packed full of goods. So if you want to read it in it’s entirety click here. But here are the highlights,
On Monday, Spartan Ops continues with episode 7, which will once again contain five new Spartan Ops missions. Also premiering for the first time in Halo 4 is the Grifball playlist! We’ve worked closely with GrifballHub to create several different Grifball experiences in this new Matchmaking playlist
Also this week is the unlocking of two new Specializations: Engineer and Stalker:
Engineer: The Drop Recon Armor Mod allows users to predict the location and time of an Ordnance Drop through an external suborbital monitoring system.
Stalker: The Nemesis armor mod allows users to target and track down previous attacking enemies, highlighting them on the armor’s passive sensors.
The Community Forge Test playlist will also be around next week. The playlist will be available until the release of Team Doubles on February 4th.
CSR – Competitive Skill Rank
We have been working closely with several internal teams on optimizing the ranking system, and working to integrate it into your Waypoint player profile, accessible on web, phone and tablet.
• You will have a unique CSR visible per playlist.
• Your highest CSR across all playlists will be promoted in the player profile on Halo Waypoint.
• CSR uses familiar 1-50 scale.
• When CSR launches, everyone will start with a fresh rating.
Our targeted launch date for CSR is April 2013, and we will be re-configuring some of our most competitive playlists to accommodate the launch of the feature.
Playlist Rotations Going Forward
We have been reading your feedback on rotational playlists, and we would like to clarify our approach going forward.
• Several of the modes currently on ‘hiatus’ are getting updates and fixes based on community feedback.
• We are planning to build several multi-mode playlists that include rotated modes, and new modes we have not launched yet. It is important that we build strong playlist compositions in time for the CSR launch.
• We hope to keep Grifball and Doubles in as regular playlists.
Future Playlists and Modes
Alongside bug fixes, feature improvements, and new maps, here are some modes and playlists we are working on:
• Grifball Playlist: Slated to include multiple versions of Grifball and new courts.
• Extraction Playlist: Adding overtime, fixing a score bug, improving the capture experience, and tuning maps.
• Infinity CTF: More details next week.
– Chief Landless