Thanks to PodtacTV for providing us the entire panel video before Halo Waypoint has even uploaded theirs.
The panel discussed many specific multiplayer news in regards to Halo 4. Here’s the breakdown if you can’t watch the entire 1 hour panel video:
Competitive Skill Ranking
- You will have a 1-50 ranking in every single playlist, including Grifball!
- CSR is still exclusive to Halo Waypoint – shows up on the Xbox & Website!
- CSR rank will show up along side your matchmaking history on Halo Waypoint
- If you haven’t played a playlist, you will won’t have a rank compared to previous Halo’s where you were automatically a rank 1
- CSR may be reset after a long period of time to prevent account selling and ‘rank locking’, similar to Arena from Halo: Reach
- UPDATE: CSR will launch April 8th, 2013 (Source bsangel twitter)
Forge & Forge Island
- Forge Island is a brand new Forge environment releasing on April 11th for FREE
- Forge Island is a HUGE flat land map, there are three areas, one large flat area, one medium flat area and a small flat area, the whole map has a ton of space in the sky
- The maps aesthetics is extremely similar to Ravine, an on-disc Forge environment
- The largest island on Forge Island is big enough to have a Hang ‘Em High remake and a Blood Gulch remake (multiple times over!)
- No planned improvements for Forge such as Precision Editing, focus going into future titles for Forge
- The Title Update is expected to be released within the next two weeks
- The panel had a video displaying what the Title Update can do, for example, an Incineration cannon that does no damage while the
rest of the weapon sandbox goes untouched – these changes can be applied universally or singularly
- Other changes that the new TU will allow is damage changes, rate of fire changes. Which can also be directed towards vehicles and adjusting their weapons.
- Weapon descoping will not be happening
- Hold X to pick up the Flag isn’t being discussed, but it possible
- A DMR rebalance is being looked at
Matchmaking Updates & Changes
- Multi-Team will be returning on April 8th with the Castle Map Pack. SIX teams of TWO setup
- Fiesta in Team Action Sack will be getting tweaked in the future
- Legendary Slayer is a Throwdown & Infinity mix with competitive in mind, it’ll feature tweaked weapons and is launching in late Spring/early Summer
Images of Forge World and CSR
– Chief Landless